resources for effective children's ministry
Experiencing God Day-By-Day Devotional
Authors - Henry T. Blackaby Richard Blackaby
Publisher - Broadman & Holman
- 365 devotions - one for each day for a year
- each meditation includes Scripture
- index of readings, subjects and Scriptures
- short devotions make it easier to stay consistent in reading and sticks to the point so the reader will be able to apply
Many people have participated in the "Experiencing God" Bible study and have found it to be an extremely helpful and challenging study. This daily devotional is designed to provide the reader with a Scripture passage and devotional study to help them grow closer to God as you learn more about Who God Is and how much He truly loves us. Over the years I have recommended a number of devotional resources - it is so important we as parents and teachers spend time daily growing closer to God. This is another excellent resource to help us grow! Extremely well done Henry, Richard and Broadman & Holman Publishers!
Authors - Max Lucado, Catherine Marshall, Dennis Jernigan, Jeff Walling, Sheila Walsh, Ravi Zacarias, Joni, Thelma Wells, Corrie TenBoom, Philip Yancey, John Guest, Charles Swindoll, Leanne Payne, Cynthia Heald, Bill Hybels, Gary Smalley, Jim McGuiggan, Elisabeth Elliot, Paul brand, Ken Gire, Luci Shaw, Wayne Watson, Lloyd Ogilvie, Jerry bridges, Marilyn Meberg, Miriam Rockness, Gladys Hunt, Hannah Whitall Smith, Tony Evans, Calvin Miller, Valerie Bell, Warren Wiersbe, Tim Stafford, Charles Colson & Larry Crabb Jr.
Publisher - Howard Publishing
- variety of authors - helps make each day's reading new and fresh
- five parts - Windows of Praise & Worship, Prayer, Wonder, Grace and Purpose
- each study includes Scripture, devotional and ends with questions to help the reader think through what they have read to the application
- each study ends with a short prayer
- 35 studies
There are many excellent devotionals available for us to utilize to help us grow in our daily walk. This book is an excellent choice full of encouragement and challenge for the reader. "Opening Windows" will help us keep our focus where it should be - on Christ! It is extremely well written and I highly recommend it! Extremely well done authors and Howard Publishing!
About The Children's Department - Volume 4, Edition 2 Copyright © Lynda Freeman Last Updated September 17, 2000 Web Page by Lynda Freeman Send an e-mail to Lynda at firstname.lastname@example.org
Table of Contents